I saw this delicious looking meal from Annie Jaffrey.
Because it’s so quick, easy and healthy, I decided to give it a try since I already had all the ingredients at home.
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 cup dried tomatoes, soaked in 1,5 tbl Olive Oil (extra virgin, cold pressed)
- 1,5 tsp dry basil (or even better: 2 tsp fresh basil, that’s about 1-1,5 stalk(s) )
- 0,5-1 garlic, sliced
- 0,25 tsp Salt (preferably Himalayan salt, or sea salt)
+ salad of your choice (and a food processor / blender)
Optional other ingredients:
- Bell peppers (D: “Peperoni”)
- Seeds (sunflower seeds, flaxseed, sesame seeds …)
(Deutsche Masse: 1 kleine Schüssel Tomaten und getrocknete Tomaten. Tbl = EL, tsp = TL)
I used tomatoes, dry tomatoes, olive oil, one garlic, herbal salt, chopped everything an blended it in my food processor until it had the desired texture.
As the base, I chose lettuce as it was the salad hanging out in our fridge 😉
I sprinkled some sunflower seeds on top. I also tried it with flaxseed and that is a nice (and super healthy!) combination, too.
As this is a very yummy, quick meal, I’m sure I will be doing this a lot in the future.
Annie Jaffrey cooking the recipe (originally from “therawtarian”) – http://www.anniejaffrey.com/2014/03/raw-vegan-pasta-sauce-recipe.html